Everyone has their daily fix to get them through the day. Some use coffee, diet coke, or even simply a cup of tea. Tea has been a widely consumed beverage for thousands of years. This aromatic delightful beverage is known to have various benefits ranging from reducing your cancer risk to preventing heart disease. It has been proven that tea has a positive effect on your well being ranging from your health to your mood. Each type of tea gives you a different set of nutrients and affects your mental state in different ways. Below we listed types of tea as a drinking guide for you to use based on your particular mood:
Teas To Energize
Tea is often associated with calm thoughts and serenity, although they can offer various benefits. Black tea, green tea, and matcha are all naturally sources of caffeine. All of these varieties come from the same Camellia sinensis plant that is grown on mountain slopes under partial shade giving it a fresh aroma and vibrant color. These teas can give you that much needed boost of energy you sometime’s desperately need to effectively get your errands done after a long day's work.
- Green tea: A cup of green tea ranges from 30 to 50 mg of caffeine, averaging about 35 mg per cup. This tea is loaded with antioxidants called catechins that cause your body to turn your body fat into fuel. Having this extra fuel allows your body to feel more energized and powerful. Drink green tea to give yourself that boost of motivation and strength to get you through the day.
- Black tea: Black averages to about 50 mg per cup. This high naturally caffeinated drink is sure to bring a whole new level of intensity to your mornings keeping you awake and alert.
- Matcha: A typical cup of matcha tea has about 70 mg of caffeine. Matcha is made by using the entire plant by grinding it up into a fine powder which allows us to obtain 10 times more antioxidants than green tea. Use this tea to rejuvenate and wake up faster on a rough morning by creating your own matcha lattes.
Teas To Destress
Are you constantly thinking about that errand you have to run, that chore that never got done, or that project at work that is never just quite finished? Do you struggle finding ways to relax and unwind? Tea can solve your problems by giving you a healthy sense of calm relief without making you feel sleepy. These teas will give you a sense of tranquility allowing you to clear your mind.
- Chamomile: This tea has a longstanding tradition of being used to treat insomnia and restlessness. An antioxidant found in chamomile called apigenin brings its calming effects by binding to receptors in your brain decreasing your anxiety levels and relaxing your muscles, inducing sleep. Drink this tea to calm and ease your mind and body on a stressful day.
- Peppermint: This tea has menthol which will leave you with a cool refreshing sensation while helping ease any tension you may have. Drink this tea when you have a headache adding to the stress of everyday life.
- Lavender: The aroma of lavender is known to aid in calming your nerves well as aid digestive issues without the use of caffeine. This tea has sedative effects that help your depression, anxiety and agitation. If you struggle with any of these problems lavender is the tea for you!
Teas To Be Happier
Do you find yourself feeling a little melancholy, struggling to get out of bed because it is simply just not your day? Drink tea to get a perfect pick me up to boost your mood and brighten your day.
- Saffron: This tea is one of the pricier ones on this list but is well worth it. Numerous studies have shown that saffron acts as a natural antidepressant by balancing the levels of serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamine in your body. Let this tea turn your day from a 2 to a 10!
- Turmeric: This tea also impacts your serotonin and dopamine levels in your brain just like saffron. Turmeric tea is also used to reduce pain and inflammation bringing a smile to your normally uncomfortable day. Use this tea to boost your mood and wellbeing.
Drinking tea can benefit your mind, body, and soul. Allow tea to change your mood and provide you with nutrients along the way. Whether you are looking to better yourself creating a healthy lifestyle or trying to boost your mood there is a tea out there for you! If you have any questions about which tea is best suited for you, feel free to leave a question below. We would love to help you with your selection.