Do you love matcha? Are you tired of drinking the same old cup of matcha tea? Looking for more ways to drink your favorite green drink? We got you covered. Just like in food, matcha could be incorporated into a large variety of drinks as well. And these recipes we have will definitely make you want to try them out as soon as possible. You would have never thought these drinks could come together, trust us. We included both hot and cold beverages so take your pick! Alright now let’s get into the 3 matcha infused drink recipes.
Matcha Ice Cream Float
Image from: Oh How Civilized
1/2 can seltzer water
1/3 cup water
2 scoops vanilla ice cream
2 tsp matcha powder, sifted
1. Combine sugar and water in pot and bring to boil.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Remove pot from heat and stir in matcha. Let cool.
4. Pour cooled down matcha simple syrup in cup and add 1/4 cup seltzer water.
5. Add in ice cream scoops and top off with seltzer water.
Who said floats are only for root beers? It tastes amazing with matcha as well! This recipe from Oh How Civilized is delish! The addition of seltzer water makes this drink like the healthy version of a root beer float. If you really love matcha, add matcha ice cream instead of vanilla.
Image from: Michelle Sun/Tasting Table
1/4 cup mint leaves
3/4 oz honey
1.5 cup water
2.5 oz gin
1 tsp matcha powder
1. In shaker, muddle mint, honey, and lime juice.
2. Add remaining ingredients and shake until matcha is dissolved.
3. Strain between 2 cups.
Now this is for the adults, an alcoholic matcha beverage. This drink is definitely on the refreshing side and with a kick! Props to the Tasting Table for making this concoction. Don’t forget to garnish your cups with a sprig of mint to finish the fancy cocktail look.
Matcha White Chocolate Latte
Image from: A Calculated Whisk
2 tsp matcha powder
1 bar white chocolate (4.4 oz)
2.24 cups milk
2 oz boiling water
1. Bring 1 cup milk a a slow boil.
2. Break chocolate into small pieces and add to milk, stir until dissolved.
3. Add 1 tsp of matcha powder to 2 cups.
4. Dissolve with a bit of hot water.
5. Whisk matcha until frothy.
6. Add white chocolate milk mixture to matcha.
7. Bring ¼ cup milk to a slow boil.
8. Mix briskly with wire whisk to create air and foam.
9. Spoon foam on top of lattes and sprinkle with matcha powder.
We had plenty of iced recipes so it was a must that we end with a hot drink. It is a bit long, but it will be worth it. This recipe from TabiEats is like the matcha version of hot chocolate. Personally, I prefer this over any hot coco.
And that is all three very delicious matcha drink recipes! Writing this out makes me want to go make a matcha cocktail right now! Now you know matcha is not limited to just being served hot and plain. There is actually an endless amount of recipes that include matcha if you search online. We just wanted to focus on drink recipes that interested us today. What do you think of these recipes? What would you like to try? If you make any of these recipes let us know how it turned out!